Are you a foodie? Are you deal-savvy or an avid money-saver? Do you enjoy things that are free? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’re definitely going to want to keep reading!
Food holidays (the best kind of holidays in my opinion) are typically celebrated by partaking in that particular food item. Chances are, there’s a restaurant near you that celebrates food holidays in the best way possible—by giving away free food!
Here’s a list of days throughout the year where you can get freebies from restaurants near you:
Note: Deals can vary by location. Purchase may be necessary for some deals. Deals effective as of 6/3/2021 but may change at any time.
- National Buffet Day (January 2): Cici’s Pizza – free unlimited buffet with the purchase of an adult buffet with a large drink
- Valentine’s Day (February 14): Firehouse Subs – free dessert
- National Pancake Day (March 1, changes annually): IHOP – free short stack of pancakes
- Tax Day (April 15): Arby’s – free curly fries
- Free Cone Day (Mid-April): Dairy Queen – free small vanilla ice cream cone
- National Pretzel Day (April 26): Auntie Anne’s – free cinnamon sugar pretzel
- Mother’s Day (second Sunday of May): TCBY – free 6oz frozen yogurt
- Teacher Appreciation Week (first week of May): Taco Bell – free crunchy taco
- National Chocolate Chip Day (May 15): Insomnia Cookies – free cookie
- National Burger Day (May 28): Dairy Queen – free burger (with the app purchase of a malt or shake)
- Father’s Day (third Sunday in June): TCBY – free 6oz frozen yogurt
Hungry for more reading?Check out this list of 100+ places to get FREE food on your birthday!
- Cow Appreciation Day (second Tuesday of July): Chick-fil-A – free chicken sandwich
- National French Fry Day (July 13): McDonald’s – free order of medium fries
- National Ice Cream Day (July 21): Baskin Robbins – free regular-sized scoop (when you sign up for their app for the first time)
- National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (August 4): Ruby Tuesday – free cookie when you dine-in
- National Coffee Day (September 29): Krispy Kreme – free brewed coffee
- National Taco Day (October 4): Jack in the Box – two free tacos (with any app purchase)
- Halloween (October 31): Krispy Kreme – free donut to costumed customers
- National Fast Food Day (November 16): Dunkin’ Donuts – free samples of caramel iced lattes
- National Cookie Day (December 4): Insomnia Cookies – free cookie
If that wasn’t enough, check out these restaurants that offer freebies JUST for signing up for their rewards programs or email lists:
- T.G.I. Friday’s: free appetizer or dessert for joining Fridays Rewards
- Panera Bread: free pastry item for joining MyPanera
- Chili’s: free chips and salsa or a free drink for joining Chili’s Rewards programs
- Raising Cane’s: free box combo for joining the Caniac Club
- Hungry Howie’s: free original, Cajun, or cinnamon Howie bread for joining the HowiEmail Club
- La Madeleine: free cup of soup or petite salad for joining La Madeleine Rewards
- California Pizza Kitchen: free small plate for joining CPK Rewards
What days throughout the year did we miss? Let us know in the comments below!
Louisiana State University alumnus (Geaux Tigers), fanatic of all things sports, pugs, and Star Wars, and teller of the occasional dad joke. Retired Avenger, current NFL free agent.